Montebello

In December 2009 the FEF acquired part of a historic building in the centre of Florence, nº 7 Via Montebello, between the Santa Maria Novella train station and the river Arno. The building dates back to 1873, and in 2005 it was granted listed status, as a historic structure (in accordance with art. 10, para. 1 of the act D. Lgs. 22 January 2004, n. 42).

The process of finding and procuring the new location was made possible thanks to the support and collaboration of the previous owner, the University of Florence, and the cooperation of the Fondazione Ente Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze, which participated in the acquisition by buying a portion of the building.

From December 2011, the FEF moved its legal location in via Montebello. After important restoration works, the new location of the FEF and SISMEL was inaugurated in December 2012. The new space hosts the Direction and Secretary offices, meeting and seminar rooms, the library and Gianfranco Contini archives, as well as all editorial offices. During 2013 the restoration was completed and the remaining part of the book and archive repositories has been transferred from the Certosa along with all research spaces.
 
From September 2013 all of the activities of the FEF are carried out in via Montebello. In the Certosa it has been maintained a book repository where it is contained material which is seldom consulted.
 
 

Additional information